Sunday, January 6, 2013

Meanderings

snowshoe two step

winter sunset


A long period has passed since my last blog entry. I have been active in local schools undertaking a printmaking project. Basically I finished one project in one school and immediately began another project in a different school. This last placement will fulfill my 150 hours from an Ontario Arts Council Artist in Education grant that I received in the fall of 2011. The good news is that the projects by schools I have undertaken in 2012 and the early part of 2013 will be getting public exhibition here in Thunder Bay outside of the school. I have been fortunate to have made some connections with certain individuals involved in the arts here that will allow this to happen.

I am also beginning a new studio project that will occupy the next year. This is a series of miniature studies on paper created using various printmaking applications that examine unique and rare flora/fauna of Northwestern Ontario. At the moment there isn't a lot of photo resources I can get out of doors due to the season so I am focusing on imagery I do have on hand that I acquired earlier this year.
I am once again using the following techniques to create the series:

  • polymer plate
  • drypoint (acrylic plate and plastic film)
  • serigraphy
  • relief block (linocut and wood engraving)
  • collagraph

The photos above and below reflect on winter here in the North.


finch perched on clothesline



Usnea (old mans beard lichen)









No comments:

Post a Comment