using the piece of Styrofoam plate I marked the corners and inside the area on paper made a pencil sketch of my image.
I traced the image from the sketch onto a sheet of tracing paper. This was set over top of the foam plate and taped to the underside on two sides with masking tape. Using a ball point pen I retraced the lines from the tracing into the foam puncturing the paper and allowing the pens ink to sink down into the foam surface.
Using a xacto knife I cut apart the foam creating the following main shapes to apply various colours mixed from the Graphic Chemical inks. Pieces were carefully reassembled. Slightly misted black Stonehenge paper was set over top. I applied pressure using the smooth round plastic rubbing stick and by rubbing in a circular motion. The paper was carefully lifted and a colour print emerged. After the initial image was printed I was able to more to the print. With a steady hand and a good eye that piece was set inked side down onto the print (matching it exactly to the printed area underneath) and pressure was applied to stamp on more ink highlighting.
Example of the ink, rubbing stick, and various sizes of brayers that were used.