Friday, December 6, 2019

Absence from my blog since the spring

Hatty Cove - Pukaskwa National Park
watercolour
08/2019
Lake Superior Shoreline study
watercolour
10/2019




























                                        





To those of you who follow this blog, you will have noticed an absence of posts since the spring of this year. This has been due to ongoing health issues and learning what these allow me to accomplish in terms of my creative pursuits.

With some idea now of what I am dealing with plus encouragement from partner, family & friends I have been able to adapt somewhat and engage in less strenuous endeavours in the studio.                                
Unfortunately anything printmaking related took a bit of a back seat to painting for the past several months. However I noticed I began to really miss working in mediums like relief printing. I am currently working on completing a few watercolour studies and hope to make time after New Year's to return to some of the print techniques I really enjoy. I decided that linocut would be a logical choice and believe I should be able to take my time and carve/print some new blocks.  Seated activities like this seem to be a much more comfortable and although a bit more time might elapse to achieve the finished goal it is reaching that final goal of a new print on paper that drives me.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a sincere heartfelt Thank You to those followers who have been patient and understanding during my absence. 

I wish all of you a merry holiday season and all the best in your lives and pursuits in the New Year!

4 comments:

  1. One of the best things about creativity is the ability to embrace it in countless ways. Enjoy experimenting with new things when issues block what you used to do. Just never stop learning ;). Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

    Stay inspired!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have missed your blog, it has been a source of information and inspiration. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Brian, I missed your blog posts, your work has been most interesting and inspirational. Hope your health improves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back on your blog! I hope all is going well for you. I too have been absent from my blog but for quite a bit longer -- four years! I spent 2015 to 2019 teaching art (grades K-12) full-time in Heart Butte on the Blackfeet Reservation. At first it felt strange to be back in my studio but things are starting to "gel" once again. I look forward to seeing your new works and wish you all the best, including good health, in 2020.

    ReplyDelete